Pedro joined the Centre for SMART in 2015 as a Research Assistant to investigate Distributed Food Manufacturing. He is also undertaking a PhD in Distributed Manufacturing at Loughborough University.
He holds an MEng in Agricultural Engineering with specialisation in Rural Engineering from the Polytechnic University of Madrid in Spain. He holds an MSc in Engineering and Management of Manufacturing Systems from Cranfield University obtained through a Double Degree Erasmus agreement. In addition he also holds an MSc by Research in wine filtration processes from Cranfield University which was part of a project funded by Innovate UK to improve UK manufacturing efficiency.
He joined the SMART team soon after completing his MSc by Research and is currently part of the EPSRC funded Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Food.
Broad Interests & Expertise
Research Interests & Activities
· Manufacturing processes
· Food & drink manufacturing organisation
· Food & drink supply chain
· Early Stage Researcher part of the European-Brazilian Network for Energy Planning NETEP project implemented with Cranfield University, Universidad Federal do Rio de Janeiro, University do Minho and Universidad Autonoma de Barcelona.
· Researcher in sustainable food manufacturing within the EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Food in collaboration with the University of Nottingham and University of Birmingham; Unilever, PepsiCo and Nestle amongst other leading food companies.
· Currently studying for a doctorate at Loughborough University on Eco-Production of Food.
· Traveling and hiking
· Golf and Tennis player
· Slow food
· Music lover specially Electro-swing enthusiast